Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Free Marketing Techniques Part 2

In the last post I covered some basic free techniques on how to get started in affiliate marketing and where to post your ads. Some good places to start posting your links that I recommended are http://www.backpage.com/, http://www.craigslist.com/ and http://www.usfreeads.com/, these are some of the most visited classified sites on the web. An interesting fact that should get your blood pumping is that craigslist is the fourth most visited website on the Internet so you can image the potential that this website has for promoting your affiliate programs or anything else you can think of. Check these sites out for whats hot. You can also join there affiliate programs and that's what I like about backpage. All you have to do is fill out a very simple application and they give you a link that you can post on your blogs or websites, so if some body clicks or you affiliate link and joins you make money. On my previous post I showed you a few of my link promotions, the only thing I left out were a few details that I promised I would cover. So now you know about affiliate marketing and where to post, now you have to know the secrets to posting your links. In order to keep your links on some of these free classified sites is to disguise it by "cloaking" it. The reason you want to cloak your link is to prevent being banned from these sites and to not make your ad link look to commercial which tends to turn off most people. Now for the good stuff. Cloaking your link is so easy you won't believe it, all you have to do is go to http://www.offto.net/ which is another free site and join. Once you have an account just go to the section that says "cloak your affiliate link" its pretty easy to figure out on your own but I will give you the details. Look for the section where you put your "hoplink" that you got from clickbank and paste it into the section that says "affiliate link", make sure you blank out the (http) before pasting it otherwise your link won't come out right. Now put your nickname in the next section under where you cloak your link, your nickname is basically your user name that you opened your account with. My nickname is chirodr98.Next thing you do is to create a title, this serves two purposes. The first purpose is to create a headline for your ad and also to help monitor your stats so you can see how many people are clicking on your link. A headline that I used to promote my affiliate program was "Satellite TV for PC", be creative with your title and try to use something catchy and leave your headline to three or four words, these are like keywords that search engines pick up.

Another great thing about http://www.offto.net/ is that it keeps track of your links for you as long as you name it otherwise you have to write down the security code and the cloak link you created, which is a pain in the ass if you ask me. So now that you got all the above done I would like to pass on a tip I got from reading Jon Leger's website called http://www.askjonleger.com/. Jon Leger recommends checking the box that says "hide links to affiliate program on landing page", he writes by doing this you will gain more traffic to you landing page since this is what causes your page to be cached and rated in the search engines. This is extremely important so don't forget ok.In my next article I will discuss how to get your blog noticed so stayed tuned and if you have any questions or comments please leave a few. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment